Forums Life After Deadlines Movies
  • Topic: My favourite TV series "Friends"

Back To Topics
    (0 rates)
    • November 6, 2013 9:23 AM EET
    • Untitled

Friends (stylized as F•R•I•E•N•D•S) is an American sitcom composed of ten seasons. This is a story about life of six friends from New York. Through all ten seasons each of these characters has funny and sometimes confusing stories with other people and between each other.

My favourite character in this TV series is Joey Tribbiani. Despite his womanizing tendencies Joey is an innocent and caring character with good intentions. He is very sincere and open.

To my mind, it is one of the best sitcoms ever. I’ve watched it four or five times (don’t really remember exactly :) ) in different versions: original one, Ukrainian and Russian translations. As for me, the best translation I’ve heard is Ukrainian one. As opposed to Russian translation, Ukrainian one is well-customized and totally corresponds to original jokes. Russian version is more literal. Some original jokes are translated literally, and viewer doesn’t understand why there’s laughter behind the scenes. Ukrainian translators on the contrary managed to customize jokes. Sometimes they used Ukrainian famous people adequate to American to make joke clear for Ukrainian auditory. They even matched casuistry words! I think, every translator or interpreter must strive for attain to the level of those who made Ukrainian localization of “Friends”.

By the way, original version of “Friends” is quite comprehensive and has clear language. You can find out a lot of interesting slang words used by Americans, get acquainted with some of their habits and traditions. What is more, very important is to hear correct pronunciation. This TV series helped me much to improve my language level.

What do you think about this TV series? Who is your favorite character? Which version do you like most of all?

I would like to know your opinion.

• May 6, 2019 1:14 PM EEST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

My favourite TV series "Friends"

Friends in one of those amazing Sitcoms which I have watched completely other than the Agents of shield and Marvel Punisher. Read online essay writing service review as story of the “Friends” can mesmerize and that it can keep anyone captivating for a longer time.

• May 19, 2019 12:02 PM EEST
      • Post(s)
      • Thank(s)
      • cR(s)
        0 0

My favourite TV series "Friends"

TV programs have been improving and being very interesting in this informational era. Get ideas here http://www.shalusharma.com/how-to-combine-both-studying-and-traveling/ as these programs are the sources of wordily information for the men, women, old and young guys in the world who get good topics to watch on TV programs.

Icon Legend and Forum Rights

• Topic has replies
    Hot topic
    Topic unread
    Topic doesn't have any replies
    Closed topic
    BBCode  is opened
    HTML  is opened
    You don't have permission to post or reply a topic
    You don't have permission to edit a topic
    You don't have the permission to delete a topic
    You don't have the permission to approve a post
    You don't have the permission to make a sticky on a topic
    You don't have the permission to close a topic
    You don't have the permission to move a topic

Add Reputation

Do you want to add reputation for this user by this post?

or cancel

(200 symbols max)

(256 symbols max)